Hastings had been an active settlement just north of the city of Yonkers along the Hudson River since before the Revolution, and was incorporated as a village in 1879 within the Town of Greenburgh. It was known as Hastings-upon-Hudson in 1849 when the post office opened, but became Hastings-on-Hudson in 1935. During the 19th century, the river front became industrialized, and everything from buggy springs to industrial chemicals to wire and cable made from South American copper was made here.

Visit the Village of Hastings online

Sloop Nancy

Records of the Sloop Nancy,

Hastings Industrial Waterfront

Records Related to
Hastings Industrial Waterfront,
ca. 1860-1960

Daniel Draper

Records Related to
Daniel Draper,

John William Draper

Records Related to
John William Draper,
1840 and 1846

Henry Draper

Records Related to
Henry Draper,

Davies Map

Davies Map of Westchester,