Originally part of the Manor of Philipsburg, the Village of Sing Sing was incorporated in 1813. It was the first village to be incorporated in Westchester. The Hudson River fishing village changed its name to Ossining in 1901 to avoid confusion with the world-famous prison that was built there in 1825. It is one of two villages within the Town of Ossining, the other being Briarcliff Manor.

Visit the Village of Ossining online

Village of Delaville Map, March 11, 1801

An Act to Amend the Charter of the Village of Sing-Sing, 1837

Sing Sing Prison Documents, 1893-1928

Map of the Croton Turnpike
& Old Sing Sing Road, 1814

Camp Woods Photographs, ca. 1875

Brandreth Pill Factory Documents,